February 16, 2014






Everyone is in sales, you are either selling products and services, or you are selling yourself

Why everyone is in sales

If you are in the sale profession, this is a great book for you since it talks about the key points you need to know to become successful in your career. Some of you might say: "Nahhh, I'm not in sale, why would I want to read this book?"  Think deeper about it. Let's say you are going to an interview, and you really want to get the job. What do you do to prepare? You do your research about the company "know your customer", you know your strengths and weaknesses "know your products", and you know what you can offer for the company "know your values". Then you to go the interview, you introduce yourself, maybe build some rapport, and then you present yourself based on what the employer needs, then you leave a positive impression after the interview is done. All of these are part of the "sale process"!

The recipe for success

These techniques have helped me become a much better sale person than I ever was when I first started. I knew nothing about the sale process and so when I met a customer, I just said what ever I could think of. Now, I know that there is sale process: approach, introduction, identifying needs, presentation, handle objections, close and referral. I remember Brian Tracy said that: "If you follow the recipe that successful people used, you will eventually get the same results!" It's much easier to follow a proven recipe rather than trying to figure things out by yourself! Here is a FUN example, when you are dating someone, you follow these steps right?

Pre-approach:
"Me: Hey Patrick, I feel a bit lonely on valentine days. Do you know any sexy girls I can ask for date?"
"Patrick: Yes, but you have to spend lots of money"
"Me: No problem man, I can even rob a bank if I find the woman of my life!"
Approach:
"Me: Dialing....Hey Sarah, I'm Johnny. Did Patrick mention about me? Share we go somewhere tonight?"
"Sarah: Yes, baby. Let's go sauna!"
Introduction:
"Me: Let's get to know more about each other. I will start first. I'm 22 years old this year and I have never dated a girl before and I'm a nerd blogger."
"Sarah: Nice! You are a virgin! I'm 22 years old too but I have been with a few guys before and I love hanging out with people."
Identifying needs:
"Me: So what kind of dishes do you usually eat? What colors do you like? How would like a man to treat you?
"Sarah: I usually eat dim-sum, rice noodle, sometimes fried chicken. Pink is my favorite color. And I want a man treat me like a queen, always listen to me and do what I say and he has to be generous."
Presentation:
"Me: Hey Sarah, I bought you some dim-sum, rice noodle, and fried chicken! And I bought you a pink underwear as well! What else do you need?"
"Sarah: Thank you so much baby! "
Close:
"Me: Hey Sarah, we have been hanging out for a while. I want...I want...want to ask you something...Will you officially be my girlfriend?"
"Sarah: hm.....Sorry Johnny! I thought we were just having fun as friends. You should find someone else."
Referral:
"Me: What the....! Alright, ok! That's fine, maybe you can refer me to someone. Do you know any sexy girls I can ask for a date?
"Sarah: Piss off!"
See below for a funny sale video!



How to make a good first impression

Your appearance is important. I used to have longer hair and grow my beard. I dressed poorly and I looked like a bum...haha! I didn't know that this was affecting my job and other areas in my life. As I began to improve my appearance to look more mature and professionals, I have achieved better results. I have more confidence in myself and other people also have more confidence in me. See the video for more explanation!

Thank you for reading. Remember to comment, like and share with your friends!



Follow on Bloglovin

No comments: