February 16, 2014



The most important thing in communication is hearing what isn't said

Who else want to know more about body language?

This is a really interesting book that teaches you how to read body language, as well as improving your own body language. Isn't it awesome if you could tell how a person really feels by just reading their body language? That way, you can respond accordingly with regards to how they feel. Or maybe you are a type of person who usually meet new people and do presentations, improving your body language will help you a ton as well. Also, to the man out there, you understand how frustrating it is to try to understand "women"! Haha!

"Me: Hey Linda, let's go watch a movie!"
"Linda: No, I don't want to go"
"Me: Why?"
"Linda: You figure it out yourself, be a man!"

If you are planning to date girl, the book also teaches you how to know if she is interested in you or not and show you some tips to reach her heart! YAYY!

Avoid folding your arms

One body language mistake I used to do a lot is folding arms. Some of you might say: "Hey! I do that quite often as well". People usually fold their arms for these reasons: they feel cold, they just feel comfortable doing it, or they feel negative. The problem about folding arms is that you tend to be more negative no matter if you are doing it consciously or unconsciously. Folding arms helps you feel protected like when your parents hugged you at the time you where a child. As you fold your arms, you also tend be more close-minded. I remember once I went to a meeting and I knew very few people in the group - I wasn't even close to them. They talked about a topic that I had very little knowledge of so I just sat there like a stone. I couldn't even think of anything to say. Nobody even paid attention to me and I was folding my arms during the whole meeting. That meeting made me feel depressed for a few days (I'm pretty sure some of you have been through this as well) Guys! Remember this, don't ever let anyone in the group feel like they are forgotten. I have been through that several times and it hurts SO MUCH when you are neglected by people, right?. If you see someone like that, make them feel accepted by at least asking them how they are doing once a while. See the video below for more body language tips and have fun!




Examples of good body language

There are also several body language techniques you can use to help you look more confidence, such as: stand straight, look people in the eyes, speak loud, open your body..and so on. They are very effective and have made a great impact on my personal life. I have used these techniques for my current job as a sale person, as well as for my presentations in school.The book also mentions that politicians are professional liars since they know how to manipulate their body language. Haha! See the video below, do you think that Bill Clinton was telling the truth?


Thank you for reading! Remember to comment, like, subscribe and share with your friends!


Follow on Bloglovin

No comments: