February 26, 2014

Click here to see all posts about "The slight edge" by Jeff Olson


Simple discipline repeated over time will create success, while simple mistakes repeated over time will create failure

Take of your body, it's the only place you have to live

Now, let’s look at some negative compound effects.  Every single decision that we make in every single minute during the day, all adds to our final results. Unfortunately, we usually consider that it’s not really a big deal. For example, if you are someone who wants to stay fit and healthy, probably you want to avoid junk foods. Let’s say, you are at McDonalds with your friends, and everyone is ordering some fried chicken. Now it’s your turn and you are so hungry! What would you do? Come to your friends and say: “Hey guys, I’m on diet now, trying to look good in front of my girlfriend”? Or you say to yourself: “Screw it! I’m so hungry now. Let’s just order a Big Mac. It’s just this time. It’s not a big deal”. Haha! Got you! I know right! Me too! Sometimes I just can’t resist the temptation! If you eat a Big Mac today, will that make you unhealthy? Not really. The problem is that if you allow yourself to break your own rule once, you will tend to do it again, again, and again. And if you don’t do anything to get back on track, you will eventually develop some bad habits. And you might end up looking like the kid at the picture above…haha! See below for a McDonalds parody :)


Try to be punctual most of the time

How about in the work place? There was one time I went to work late for a few minutes, and I didn’t get into any trouble. However, I told myself that: “I was late a few minutes today, and they didn’t say anything, maybe next time I can be late again”. You know what happened? I started to be late more often and sometimes I was even late for more than an hour. This led me to some troubles with my manager. The same with waking up late. Sometimes, we just want to be lazy and sleep for the whole day right? Yet, if you allow yourself to do it once, you might do it again which will eventually affect your every day schedule. I used to sleep around 11:45 PM and wake up at 6:00 PM. Some days, I felt lazy and I slept until 2:00 PM. After that, I found it very difficult to get back to my schedule. So my friend, the lesson is that we should discipline ourself to do the things that will move us toward our goals and dreams, anything that doesn’t move us toward our goals and dreams will have to be eliminated! My friend, let’s do it together and I believe that you and I can do it!! Have fun watching Hitler being late for work :))


How to keep yourself focused and get what you want

The last thing I want to share with you about The Slight Edge is the importance of having written plans and goals. Have you ever had a day that you didn’t know what to do for the day? Me too! I asked myself: “Haizzz…What do I do now? Should I watch movie? Should I play games? Should I call someone? Or should I just sit here dreaming about me being with beautiful girls? LOL!” I guess we all want to live a meaningful life, so it’s very important that you have a written plan the night before so you that you keep yourself productive. Also, if you keep yourself busy and productive, you will less likely feel depressed too. Sometimes, if we have nothing to do, we feel kind of boring and meaningless, which affects our mental attitude, am I right? It’s also important to write down your goals as well, write down in details what you want to achieve and when you want to achieve it. Then make a plan and work on it. For example, over a year ago, I wrote down a goal saying that I want to earn 6,000$ to pay for my tuition fee by January 6th, 2013. I worked my ass off day by day to achieve the goal, and I finally did it! So yeah, that’s all I want to share about how this book changed my life. What about you? If you have read the book before, why not send me an email sharing how the book changed your life as well. See the video for goal setting tips from Brian Tracy:



Thank you for reading! Remember to comment, like, subscribe and share with your friends!



Follow on Bloglovin

No comments: