February 14, 2014





A job is only a short-term solution to a long-term problem

I totally agree with Robert that lots of parents nowadays are teaching their kids to become an employee and make someone else's dream come true. I was born and raised in Vietnam and I had very low self-image. From the time I was a kid till I arrived in Canada to study, I have been constantly told by older generations that if I want to be rich and successful , I have to get good grades in school. They said if I got good grades, I would be able to work for big companies and earn lots of money. My parents recommended me to become a doctor, a lawyer, an engineer and so on. I would consider none of these as my passion. See below for a fun video about Asian parents :))


When I came to Canada, I was lucky to meet an awesome friend. His name is Jersey. He helped me a lot with my self-image and helped me realize what I want to accomplish in future. He also recommended me several books to read. Rich Dad Poor Dad was one of them. Thanks to this book, I was able to open my mind to a whole new world. Why would I want to be an employee and live pay cheque by pay cheque? Most of the money I earn will go to the Government or the big boss of the company. Beside, I will never be able to make a big influence in the society if I don't have an organization of myself. Now, I have a clear vision that I want to be an entrepreneur and build my own organization, my own dreams. I want to make a great difference in other people's lives and serve the needs of the society.

Thinking back when I was a kid, I studied a few years of martial arts. I was a fan boy of Bruce Lee by the way. I usually tried to imitate him: "ahhhhhhhhh, waaaaaateeerrrrrr, huuuuu aaachaaaa!" Haha! Anyways, I had a thought of opening my own martial arts stadium which offers classes for all kinds of martial arts styles. I also thought about opening sparring tournaments for different styles to exchange techniques and learn from on other. Hey! That's an entrepreneurial mind. I already wanted to become an entrepreneur when I was a kid. I just didn't realize that until now!

Thank you for reading! Remember to comment, like, subscribe and share with your friends!



Follow on Bloglovin

2 comments:

Daniel Chen said...

It sucks! Haha jk. It is a great read. Finished it 2 days. Made me want to dream big and retire early. It teaches you how to be smartvwith money. I also agree with his point that school teaches you to be an employee not an employer.

Unknown said...

I'm taking Entrepreneurship as my concentration right now. Not sure if they are going to teach me to become an employee or employer :)