April 15, 2014


“Whether you think you can or whether you think you can’t,
you’re probably right.” –Henry Ford

Do you think it is true that if you say you can, you can, and if you say you can’t, you can’t?

For me, this is so true!

Your actions, behavior, language, perception, preference, and so forth are developed with your beliefs. WHAT YOU BELIEVE will determine what you see and how you think. What you believe can change you, in other words.

I have learned that self-image is associated with self-belief. In the book, Mo says, “What you believe about yourself is often what happens to you.” How you think about yourself is likely to be how others think about you because your behavior, actions, use of language, perspectives, and choices you make will represent what you are.
Have you had a moment to think ‘Why do people look down on me?’  ‘How come people say I am lazy?’ or so and so?  Have you felt that people look at you in a different way from how you want to be looked by them? In fact, what people think about you can be based on what you believe about yourself. 


In my experience, I used to question why my teacher said that I'm not confident. I used to disagree with him on this perspective. After I learned about the relationship between self-image and self-belief, I realized that I was not really confident.

Then, I started to face myself more honestly without being afraid of knowing my own weaknesses. I paid more attention to the use of language. For example, I have started to use more positive words and positive sentences so that the way I look at things became more positive: I could see myself with more confidence and potential. I know that how others look at you would change once you change how you look at yourself with true self-belief.  
If you do not believe yourself, who will believe in you?   

No comments: